This weekend I’m a guest judge at the Cherrydale Library’s Edible Book Contest. I know, right? It’s like the perfect marriage between a novelist and a food critic. Here are all the details:
What is an edible book?
- It’s any representation of a book title that is made primarily from edible materials.
- It can look like a book, refer to a character, be a pun on a title etc.
- It can be as fancy as a decorated cake or as simple as a bowl of grapes (The grapes of wrath?)
- Check out some of last year’s entries.
How does the contest work?
- Deliver entries to the Cherrydale Branch Library from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 1.
- Awards will be given out at 3 p.m., and then light refreshments will be served.
Competition categories include
- Best in Show
- Best Entry by an Individual (Children under 12, Teens 13-18, Adults)
- Best Entry by a Family
- Best Entry by a Group
- Viewer’s Choice
Start baking! There will be prizes!